Introducing Life Time as your new healthy way of life partner
Through a collaboration agreement with New York Health & Racquet Club, four New York Health & Racquet clubs (21st St., 23rd St., 56th St. and Cooper Square) will transition to Life Time in a phased approach. Following more than $25 million in planned renovations, the clubs will reopen as Life Time HRC with modern design aesthetics, proprietary programs and services, top performers and luxurious amenities.
Extensive Renovations Planned
The 23rd St. location will be the first location to transition to Life Time, with the club closing for renovations beginning on September 1, 2019 and an early 2020 reopening is expected. The remaining three locations will follow with a similar approach. Each location will continue to operate as NYHRC until renovations commence. We invite you to view the 23rd St. virtual tour below to get a feel for the renovations being performed at these locations.
For more information, please refer to our FAQs
Which locations will NYHRC be transitioning to Life Time HRC? What is the timeline?
The following NYHRC locations will gradually transition to Life Time HRC:
- Cooper Square
- 21st St.
- 23rd St.
- 56th St.
These four locations will each continue to be operated by NYHRC as a NYHRC club until it is closed to be renovated and is transitioned to a Life Time HRC location. Life Time will invest in excess of $25 million to dollars to renovate these locations to the highest standard and, once complete, will operate them as Life Time HRC locations. The first location to transition to Life Time HRC will be the 23rd St. location closing on September 1, 2019, with an early 2020 reopening. The length of location closures will vary from location to location. Announcements for the remaining three clubs will be made in advance so that members have an opportunity to review their options and plan accordingly. Additionally, as of September 1, the NYHRC 50th St. location will close permanently.
The following locations will remain NYHRC Clubs:
- 45th St.
- 13th St.
- 76th St.
What programs and services will each renovated location offer?
Please visit the individual location webpages at lifetime.life/comingsoon to view renderings and learn more about the new programming that will be offered.
I have a NYHRC Prepaid, Committed or Corporate Membership and my current home club assignment is 50th St., 23rd St., 21st St. and Cooper Square – what does this mean for me?
* Committed term-any monthly billing (EFT) member that is still within a commitment period or a paid in full member with a future expiration date.
- Due to the inconvenience of the transition, all members with home clubs that are impacted by this announcement (50th St., 23rd St., 56th St., Cooper Square and 21st St.) with paid in full or monthly billing (EFT) committed memberships will receive an additional two months added to their membership. Corporate members will receive 2 complimentary months when possible, dependent on their company’s current program with NYHRC.
- After the closure of the NYHRC clubs located at 50th St., 23rd St., 56th St., Cooper Square and 21st St. home club members of each of these locations, within a monthly billing committed term or paid in full membership, will have the option to continue their membership with one of the continuing NYHRC locations (Whitehall, 45th St., 13th St., and 76th St.).
- Home club members of the 50th St., 23rd St., 56th St., Cooper Square and 21st St. locations that currently have access to only one club location and decide to continue their membership with NYHRC will be upgraded to an All Access NYHRC membership when their home location closes, which will grant them access to all of the then continuing NYHRC locations.
Can I transfer to a Life Time membership now? Will existing HRC members receive any special incentives?
- Home club members of the 50th St., 23rd St., 56th St., Cooper Square and 21st St. locations may alternatively choose, after their home club closes, to sign a new membership agreement with Life Time so that they can access their home club once it is reopened. Once their chosen Life Time HRC club reopens, Life Time will, as a goodwill gesture, either honor the time remaining on their committed term (not to exceed 12 months) provided they continue to pay the committed monthly dues amount to Life Time or honor the time remaining on their prepaid period, as applicable.
- Life Time will also honor the greater of any earned NYHRC tenured months or the 2 months of complimentary membership (if any awarded by NYHRC). If this option is elected, they will be required to sign Life Time’s membership documents (set to activate upon their chosen Life Time club’s reopening) and must simultaneously terminate their NYHRC membership agreement.
- Once their chosen Life Time HRC club opens, their honored access period described above will begin, after which all standard Life Time membership rates and provisions will apply. Corporate members may receive 2 complimentary months when possible, dependent on their company’s current program with NYHRC.
- Members who choose to sign an agreement with Life Time and terminate their NYHRC membership will also, once their Life Time membership is activated, have access to all clubs nationwide that are operated by Life Time and their affiliates until their honored access period expires.
How do I enroll for a Life Time membership?
For current NYHRC members that have a prepaid, committed or corporate membership with either 23rd St. or 50th St. as their home club, you may enroll now. Please fill out the “Learn More” form and a Membership Consultant will contact you with next steps.
For current NYHRC members that have 21st St., 56th St. or Cooper Square as their home club, membership transitions will take place after your current home club closes, you will receive further instruction closer to each closure.
What are monthly membership rates at the Life Time HRC locations post renovation?
We are still finalizing our pricing for 21st St., 56th St. and Cooper Square, a Life Time Diamond Premier membership will be required to access 23rd St. after it reopens. These memberships, which will allow access to all Life Time clubs nationwide, start at $269 per month. Please fill out the “Learn More” more to request pricing for multiple members.
Life Time in NYC
23rd Street New York, NY
Coming Early 2020
56th Street New York, NY
Cooper Square New York, NY
21st Street New York, NY
One Wall Street
Wall Street New York, NY
42nd Street New York, NY