Here for health. Here for you.
What We're Doing
At Life Time, your health is our top priority. We are here to support the communities we serve, however we can. The recent coronavirus (COVID-19) developments have led us to implement a number of new measures, and we appreciate your cooperation as we work through these new changes together.
At Your Life Time
Throughout the club, you may notice some new additions such as more disinfectant stations. However, most of the changes are going on behind the scenes. We’ve added new protocols and increased staffing to achieve a new level of cleanliness.
- Posted signage in our clubs with key things for members to remember right when they come in the club.
- Increasing staff inside the club dedicated to cleaning and having Team Members beyond our Facility Operations team to assist.
- Increased frequency of cleaning throughout the clubs and are being more diligent in studio spaces (cycle, yoga, Pilates, group fitness).
- Continuing to ask members to wipe down their equipment and mats throughout the club before and after use (and encourage members to bring their own yoga mats, if they prefer)
In Group Training and Group Fitness Classes
The measures we are taking to keep members safe in our group fitness classes may affect the current class schedule, resulting in either a change in class time or in some cases, temporarily taking a class out of rotation. Be sure to regularly check your local club website for the most up-to-date class schedule.
- Requiring reservations for ALL group fitness classes so that our instructors can set their spaces up in advance to permit social distancing.
- Reducing class size by 50% by capping class capacity at 25 members (note: some classes may have a lower maximum capacity but never more).
- Reducing the number of classes offered each day to allow our staff to do a thorough cleaning between classes.
- Eliminating shared equipment from classes (including cold towels) and instead providing modifications that don’t require equipment.
- Eliminating physical contact in classes such as yoga adjustments and high fives.
- Relying on instructors to manage class check-ins to eliminate the need for members to touch the class iPad.
- Utilizing commercial sprayers that will be used to deep clean all studios, class spaces and equipment.
- Requiring all team members who travel to locations with a Level 3 Travel Health Notice(external link) to self-quarantine for a period of 14 days or longer as directed by the CDC.
At Life Time Swim
At this time, there is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread through the use of pools and hot tubs.(external link) Nevertheless, we understand that some members may not feel comfortable coming into the club at this time. To accommodate those who are practicing social distancing, we have implemented the following policies:
- Allowing for unlimited make-up lessons for the month of March. Please submit your request through www.LTSwimmissedlesson.com.
- Members may request to cancel out of a class at any time and receive a refund for the unused number of classes.
- We will continue to follow stringent sanitation protocols for proper disinfection, operation and maintenance of pools and hot tubs per CDC guidelines.
At the LifeSpa
At LifeSpa, we take sanitation, hygiene and safety very seriously. We continue to follow applicable occupational health and safety regulations in every spa, every day. A few of our sanitation and cleaning measures are detailed below:
- All tools are sanitized in Barbicide
- All technicians thoroughly wash their hands immediately prior to and following providing all services
- After each guest, we wipe the salon chairs, rolling cards, spa tables, face cradles and countertops with anti-bacterial wipes
- New capes, linens and towels are used for each guest
- Use of disposables where applicable (for example, drinking cups)
At Kids Academy
Based on the available evidence, children do not appear to be at higher risk for COVID-19 than adults. However, because children can act as carriers for the virus we have closed our infant rooms and canceled all kids camps and events until further notice.
Members who work out at the club may continue to drop older children off at Kids Academy while their local club is open. As we throughout the club, we have taken extra measures to protect the health and safety of our members, including:
- Implementation of “no touch” check-in and check-out procedures for all parents dropping off or picking up their kids.
- Amending the Kids Academy class schedule to build in a 30-minute gap between classes for the thorough cleaning of all equipment.
- Limiting the number of kids attending all Kids Academy classes to 25 kids maximum.
- Eliminating shared equipment in all kids classes and closing all mazes and tumbling studios.
- Hourly sanitization of all frequently touched surfaces, including door handles, push bars, sink faucets and computer keyboards.
- Removing small toys from the toddler room and other toys that aren’t easy to clean.
- Streaming Go Noodle classes on Kids Academy TV’s to help our smallest members stay active in the space.
In the Event of a COVID-19 Case
If we are notified of a presumptive or confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 involving a member, team member or guest, we have a defined protocol for taking swift action.
- If they visited the club within a 14-day period (per Centers for Disease Control guidance), you can expect that we will notify all members and team members at the club.
- Any Life Time Team Members determined to be in close proximity with the affected individual will be self-quarantined with pay for 14 days following the affected individual’s last visit.
- We will conduct additional deep cleaning in the club, including the use of disinfecting products known to kill the virus.
- We also have been informed by local departments of health that they will directly contact individuals deemed to be at risk of exposure.
In the Event of a Club Closure
We are working in coordination with local officials to determine if Life Time clubs will continue to remain open during this time. Each club is unique and operates under a different jurisdiction.
In the event of a closure, members will be notified by email. Details of the closure can be found on the club location page. No membership fees will be charged during club closures.
For updates regarding your club, be sure to visit your club home page.