What We’re Doing to Help Keep You Safe**
The safety of our members and team members is what’s most important. Life Time has always been dedicated to delivering a healthy way of life to our communities, and with a carefully planned and phased approach, we will begin to reopen. Each of us will play an important role in making your club a safe experience for us all.
Preparing to Welcome You
In accordance with governmental orders and guidelines, Life Time is taking extra precautions to help our communities stay safe and healthy. This includes extensive cleaning protocols and social distancing practices within each of our destinations.
A Comprehensive Approach
We continue to follow stringent sanitation protocols for proper disinfection, operation and maintenance, as well as adding additional procedures to achieve a new level of cleanliness.
- Continuous scheduled disinfection of high-touch surfaces throughout the club
- Club hours adjusted to allow for overnight deep cleaning
- Team members receive ongoing training on cleaning protocols and are provided with disinfecting kits
- Easy, readily available equipment disinfectant spray
- Hand-sanitizing stations are conveniently located throughout the club
You will likely notice increased spacing between equipment and within workout areas to allow for appropriate social distancing.
Group fitness classes will require reservations, and schedules will be adjusted to be consistent with governmental orders and guidelines and to allow for thorough cleaning between classes.
Increased Kids Spaces
To help our children practice social distancing, we will dedicate other areas of the club for playtime, classes will be adjusted to be consistent with governmental orders and guidelines, and we will require reservations for all ages.
Taking Care — For Us All
Consistent with your local government guidelines, members and team members may be encouraged or required to wear masks. Team members may also undergo temperature checks at home or prior to each shift. Additionally, you may notice we have adapted the club environment by installing shields, enabling touchless transactions and employing additional measures to help ensure proper social spacing.
Safety Measures at the Club
As we navigate through the reopening of our locations, there will be some new things to expect during each phase. Amenities and programming will vary by club and be consistent with governmental orders and guidelines. We appreciate your help and understanding as we work through this time together.
The locker room will be a focal area for our intensive cleaning efforts. Upon reopening, the entire locker room or amenities within them may be temporarily unavailable.
- To practice social distancing, we require a maximum of four members in a locker bay at one time and some lockers may be temporarily unavailable
- Based on governmental orders and guidelines, signs will be posted indicating restrictions for the showers, water fountains, whirlpools, steam rooms and saunas
- Frequent sanitization of shared surfaces using EPA-registered, virus-killing disinfectants
In addition to already intensive cleaning efforts, several protocol additions are being made for further sanitation. Measures are also being taken to help practice social distancing.
- Capacity limitations
- Equipment will be spaced or marked for social distancing
- Enhanced cleaning protocols with EPA-registered, virus-killing disinfectants
- Several cleaning stations, of disinfectant spray and wipes, throughout the space to help encourage cleaning of equipment before and after use
Group Fitness (Includes Yoga and Cycle)
Classes will be offered and class capacity will be consistent with governmental orders and guidelines.
- Reservations are required for ALL studio offerings
- Look for reservation floor indicators in your class, placed 6 feet apart to help practice social distancing
- Equipment, when applicable, will be laid out for you at the beginning of class
- Classes will be spaced 30 minutes apart to allow for instructors to sanitize equipment with an EPA-registered, virus-killing disinfectant
Enhanced measures will be taken consistent with CDC guidelines, cleaning practices and social distancing. As with all Kids offerings, space is limited and a reservation is required for all ages and offerings.
- In addition to our standard protocols, we’re implementing enhanced cleaning protocols, including: full disinfection of the space overnight using EPA-registered, virus-killing disinfectants
- Infant care may be available with a one-hour time limit
- We will practice social distancing during check-in/checkout and within the Kids area
- Leveraging other areas of the club (like the gym) to help with social distancing
- Team members’ temperatures taken prior to each shift
- Removing toys that aren’t easy to clean
- Modifying hours and class schedules to practice social distancing and allow for additional cleaning
We look forward to welcoming you back into our beautiful spaces and pools.
- Open swim, swim team, lessons and other programming will be added back consistent with governmental orders and guidelines
- Capacity restrictions will be implemented in all aquatics areas
- Based on governmental orders and guidelines, signs will be posted indicating access and capacity restrictions for the whirlpools, steam rooms and saunas
- Life Time-owned goggles and other shared equipment will not be available for member use
- Hourly sanitization of all high-touch surfaces with EPA-registered, virus-killing disinfectant
As always, LifeSpa focuses on high standards in sanitation and hygiene. In addition to our standard protocols, we’re implementing enhanced cleaning protocols using EPA-registered, virus-killing disinfectants to clean equipment and spaces.
- Face masks are required for members and team members for most services
- All tools will continue to be sanitized using Barbicide after each use
- All team members will thoroughly wash their hands immediately prior to and following all services
- After each guest, we wipe the salon chairs, rolling carts, spa tables, face cradles and countertops with anti-bacterial wipes
- Credit or debit card use is preferred.
Food safety and sanitation have always been a high priority. During these times, we’ve implemented even stricter guidelines.
- Continuous scheduled disinfecting of all shared surfaces every 30 minutes
- Gloves are required for all team members for all transactions
- Plexiglass at each check out station
- Social distancing guidance if a line forms
- Designated order pickup zone for each order
We work to provide our members and team members the best experience possible. This includes sanitizing and disinfecting all touch points throughout training areas.
- With an EPA-registered, virus-killing disinfectants, team members will clean and wipe down each piece of equipment before and after each use
- To protect members and team members, we will practice social distancing of 6 feet during 1:1 sessions, eliminate any physical contact and masks will be encouraged or required
- When available, training may be done outdoors or in other areas in the club to help encourage social distancing
If available upon reopening and when the courts are not being used for other programming, use of the basketball hoops while practicing social distancing is allowed. Game play will not initially be permitted.
Cleaning stations, of disinfectant spray and wipes, to help encourage cleaning of equipment before and after use
In addition to our extensive cleaning efforts inclusive of using EPA-registered, virus-killing disinfectants, the following safety and social distancing measures will be in place temporarily for court usage:
- Court occupancy consistent with governmental orders and guidelines
- Maintain a safe social distance when entering and exiting a court
- During programming, roll balls to the net with your racquet and our tennis pros will pick them up, please refrain from touching tennis equipment
- Place personal belongings at least 6 feet apart from another player’s
- For safe social distancing, avoid any physical contact with another player
- We recommend players do not change ends between play; or if it is necessary, change ends on opposite sides of the net
- Make sure to bring your own water; water coolers have been removed
- Ball machine use will not be allowed at this time
Additional cleaning protocols and social distancing efforts have been put into place for our Pilates programming and spaces.
- Pilates instructors will clean studio and equipment before and after use with EPA-registered, virus-killing disinfectant
- Classes will be scheduled 15 to 30 minutes apart to allow for equipment cleaning
- Every other reformer will be used or they will be placed 6 feet apart
Two Ways To Get Started
Still have questions?
We can help.
Request more information
or call 1-800-741-4109.
*Membership dues, levels, fees, benefits, services and amenities vary by club, may require additional fees, and are subject to change at any time. To protect the health and safety of our members, team members and the community and consistent with State and CDC guidelines some club amenities may be temporarily unavailable. State taxes and other restrictions may apply. Cannot be combined with other discounts or offers. Offer only valid at select clubs, see club for details. ↩
**The health and safety of our members and guests is our highest priority. While our policies are designed to help protect you, Life Time cannot remove all risk or otherwise guarantee or promise that you will not sustain any injuries or damages from viruses, communicable diseases, or other health hazards associated with your use of Life Time’s premises, facilities, equipment, services, activities or products (“Use of Life Time Premises and Services”), including exposure, transmission, infection, illness, sickness, disease or death with respect COVID-19 and the virus that causes it, SARS-CoV-2. Because our clubs provide opportunities for vigorous higher-intensity exercise, you may experience or encounter more significant respiration than in other locations. To help protect our community, we encourage you to refrain from the use of Life Time’s premises and services if you have symptoms of COVID-19, maintain social/physical distance at all times from others with whom you do not share regular contact, and subject to individual health conditions use a barrier mask within our premises.↩