Introducing Life Time as your new healthy way of life partner
Through a collaboration agreement with New York Health & Racquet Club, four New York Health & Racquet clubs (21st St., 23rd St., 56th St. and Cooper Square) will transition to Life Time in a phased approach. Following more than $25 million in planned renovations, the clubs will reopen as Life Time HRC with modern design aesthetics, proprietary programs and services, top performers and luxurious amenities.
Extensive Renovations Planned
The 23rd Street location will be the first location to transition to Life Time; with the club currently closed for renovations and a 2020 reopening expected. The remaining three locations will follow with a similar approach. Each location will continue to operate as NYHRC until renovations commence. We invite you to view the 23rd St. virtual tour below to get a feel for the renovations being performed at these locations.
For more information, please refer to our FAQs
Which locations will NYHRC be transitioning to Life Time HRC? What is the timeline?
The following NYHRC locations will gradually transition to Life Time HRC:
- Cooper Square
- 21st St.
- 23rd St.
- 56th St.
Life Time will invest in excess of $25 million dollars to renovate these locations to the highest standard and, once complete, will operate them as Life Time HRC locations. The 23rd Street location will be the first location to transition to Life Time; with the club currently closed for renovations and a 2020 reopening expected.
What programs and services will each renovated location offer?
Please visit the individual location webpages at lifetime.life/comingsoon to view renderings and learn more about the new programming that will be offered.
I have a NYHRC Prepaid, Committed or Corporate Membership – what does this mean for me?
* Committed term-any monthly billing (EFT) member that is still within a commitment period or a paid in full member with a future expiration date.
- All NYHRC members with paid in full or monthly billing (EFT) committed memberships will receive an additional two months added to their membership if they transition their membership to Life Time HRC. Corporate members will receive 2 complimentary months when possible, dependent on their company’s program with NYHRC.
Can I transfer to a Life Time membership now? Will existing HRC members receive any special incentives?
- Members may choose to sign a new membership agreement with Life Time so that they can access a Life Time HRC club once it is reopened. Once their chosen Life Time HRC club reopens, Life Time will, as a goodwill gesture, either honor the time remaining on their committed term (not to exceed 12 months) provided they continue to pay the committed monthly dues amount to Life Time or honor the time remaining on their prepaid period, as applicable.
- Life Time will also honor the greater of any earned NYHRC tenured months or the 2 months of complimentary membership (if any awarded by NYHRC). If this option is elected, they will be required to sign Life Time’s membership documents (set to activate upon their chosen Life Time club’s reopening) and must simultaneously terminate their NYHRC membership agreement.
- Once their chosen Life Time HRC club opens, their honored access period described above will begin, after which all standard Life Time membership rates and provisions will apply. Corporate members may receive 2 complimentary months when possible, dependent on their company’s current program with NYHRC.
What are monthly membership rates at the Life Time HRC locations post renovation?
We are still finalizing our pricing for 21st St., 56th St. and Cooper Square, a Life Time Diamond Premier membership will be required to access 23rd St. after it reopens. These memberships, which will allow access to all Life Time clubs nationwide, start at $249 per month. Please fill out the “Membership Request” more to request pricing for multiple members.
Life Time in NYC
Cooper Square, New York, NY
One Wall Street
Wall Street, New York, NY
56th Street, New York, NY
Park Avenue South
21st Street, New York, NY
42nd Street, New York, NY
23rd Street, New York, NY
Request More Information
Membership levels, types, amenities, services, programs and their associated dues, pricing, fees and/or charges may vary by location and are subject to change. Access to clubs, and certain services, programs, amenities, or areas within a club (e.g., outdoor pools, racquet courts) may be restricted, conditioned, or otherwise limited by specific terms and conditions and/or subject to a separate or supplemental fee for access or use (e.g., your access to the outdoor pool area may require a separate fee and be limited to your designated club). See club for additional terms and conditions that may apply. Always consult your physician before beginning any new exercise program.