Last Updated: June 25, 2021
By interacting with Life Time through your use of our Site, you expressly and directly consent and agree to the practices set forth below.
For California Consumers
If you are a California Consumer, Life Time’s Privacy Notice for California Consumers applies to you.
- Information We Collect
- Purposes for Collection and Use of Information
- How We May Disclose and/or Share Your Information
- How We Protect Your Information
- Your Access to and Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
- Retention of Your Personal Information
- No Collection of Personal Information from Children Under 13
- Do Not Track Mechanisms
- Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
- Club Locker
- Other Privacy-Related Policies
- Contacting Us
The information we collect from you varies, depending on the way you use our Site. We collect information from or about you in the ways described below.
Information You Provide to Life Time
You may provide Life Time with information that can identify you as an individual (“Personal Information”) when using our Site. This Personal Information may include, without limitation:
- Contact information (such as your first and last name, email address, postal address, and phone number(s));
- Username and password;
- Age or date of birth;
- Social media or other third-party account information;
- You may be able to link your social media or other third-party account information from certain third-party applications, such as Google, when using our Site.
- When you link your account to these third-party applications, Life Time requests permission to access your information, including, without limitation, your name, profile picture, gender, networks, user ID, list of friends, and any other public information linked to your account on that application. For more information regarding the connection of your account(s) with third-party applications, please see Section 10 below (Links to Third-Party Websites and Services).
- Credit or debit card information;
- Emergency contact information;
- Information from your contact list, with your permission:
- Life Time may request permission to access your contacts list or email addresses saved on your mobile device for the purposes of enabling you to easily share guest passes, event invitations and more.
- In the “Settings” function on your mobile device, you have the ability to manually permit or preclude Life Time from accessing your contacts and email addresses. You may opt-in or opt-out through the “Settings” function on your mobile device at any time.
- Health and wellness information (including, without limitation, health conditions, labs and lab results, metabolic conditions, and information shared with your personal trainer or nutritionist); fitness and exercise activity data (such as heart rate, watts or power, RPM or cadence, and similar metrics);
- Fitness assessments;
- Images (including photographs and video), audio recordings, and sounds;
- Account, registration or participation information (such as information related to your membership or your participation in classes, programs, events, and activities);
- Your responses to our marketing or operational communications (such as your interests, or responses to surveys, questionnaires, sweepstakes, or contests);
- Information you disclose in public forums or submit, transmit, message, upload, share, or otherwise make available, publicly or privately, including in online classes, discussion boards or forums, training sessions or events, messages, comments, searches, or queries, including, without limitation, through the use of our Site.
We collect Personal Information such as your name, address, e-mail, and phone number when you apply for employment with us through the Site. In addition, we may collect information relating to your education and employment history when you submit that information as part of an employment application. Not all requested information is required, however, and we specifically indicate what information is required in order to submit your employment application.
Other Information We Collect Through Your Technologies
In addition, Life Time may collect some other information from you when using our Site that your technologies may automatically provide to Life Time. This other information may not necessarily identify you and may include certain information about your interactions with our Site or information about your device (collectively “Other Information”). This Other Information may include, without limitation:
- Internet protocol addresses;
- Device and browser type;
- Internet service providers;
- Operating systems;
- Statistics and other metadata on your activities when using our Site;
- Information about the pages you visited before or after navigating to our Site;
- Information about when you visited our Site;
How We Use Geolocation
When Using our App, Life Time will request permission to obtain your location to better provide you with location-specific information, including, but not limited to, facility hours, class schedules and teacher updates, or in-club promotions. In that case, the App will utilize location services on your mobile device to collect and use location data, including the real-time geographic location of your device. If you consent to the App’s utilization of location services, we may use GPS, Bluetooth, your device’s unique identifier, and/or your IP Address, along with Wi-Fi and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your device’s geolocation. We maintain location data records for as long as necessary to deliver the services you request. We will collect geolocation data only if you consent, and you may choose in your App settings whether the location services will be always running or only when the App is in use. You may also choose to disable location services through our App in the “Settings” function of your mobile device, but if you do so, you will not receive any notifications or services that require a geolocation. You can also contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer for more information on disabling location services.
Life Time uses your Information to operate and improve its business and to provide you goods and services. Generally, we collect and process information to serve the operational purpose for which it was collected or for other purposes that are compatible with the context in which it was collected. The following are the business purposes for which we may use your information.
- Providing and delivering our goods and services to you, including:
- creating and managing your membership or other accounts (such as MyLT, Club Tab, etc.);
- completing and processing your transactions with us;
- registering you for certain services, such as events, classes, or programs;
- sending you service-related notifications and scheduling confirmations;
- fulfilling subscriptions and orders;
- Improving the Site, goods, and services we offer (including through statistical and other analysis), including:
- identifying and repairing errors that impair the functionality of our services;
- improving our premises by providing personalized or customized experiences, locations, and instructions or assistance;
- Providing you with customer service;
- Informing you of goods or services you may be interested in;
- Informing you of events, special offers, or sweepstakes or contests relating to your membership or interactions with us;
- Consider you for employment;
- Improving our security, detecting fraud and auditing our processes;
- Complying with legal obligations;
- Communicating with you about our goods and services, including your membership, as well as responding to your customer service requests or any other inquiry or correspondence you send us; or,
- Fulfilling any other purpose for which you provide it or consent to its use.
There are some circumstances where we may disclose or share your Information with a third party, as described below:
- We may share your information with service providers that perform services or functions on behalf of Life Time.
- These service providers may include, without limitation, entities that help us with our marketing, analytic service providers, cloud-hosting services, account-related services (including updating of financial information and communications related to collections), database service providers, and backup and disaster recovery service providers.
- We may share your information between and among our affiliated entities.
- Life Time shares your information between and among its affiliated entities to facilitate any services you may obtain from Life Time, to allow our affiliates to offer you and let you know about products and services that may interest you, and for any other purpose set forth in Section 2 above.
- With third parties for legal or security reasons:
- We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to
- comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation;
- protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others; or,
- Detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
- We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to
- With third parties as part of an acquisition or liquidation:
- If we are involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, corporate divestiture, reorganization, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company or if we undergo liquidation or bankruptcy proceedings, we may share your information in connection with such transaction or proceeding before and/or after the transaction closes or the proceedings are completed.
- We may disclose or share your personal information in connection with an employment application to verify the information you provide or in accordance with any relevant notice we provide relating to your employment application.
- We may share information in other ways if you give us consent or direct us to do so.
- We do not share personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes.
We have implemented reasonable security measures with respect to your information. Please be aware that, despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security and confidentiality in all instances. There are also steps you can take to protect your information by, for example, keeping your account passwords secure.
You can access and update certain of your account information on our Site by clicking on “Account.” If you need to access or update other personal information that we may have, you can make a request by calling 1-888-430-6432 to speak with an Account Services Representative. To protect your privacy, before we give you access or let you update your information, we may we may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information. We will try to update and allow you to access your information for free, but if it would require a disproportionate effort on our part, we may charge a fee. We will disclose the fee before we comply with your request. We may reject a request for a number of reasons, including, for example, that the request risks the privacy of other users, requires technical efforts that are disproportionate to the request, is repetitive, or is unlawful.
We may retain Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill our business purposes and as is required or permitted under applicable laws.
What are Cookies and Web Beacons?
Controlling Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising
How We Use Google Analytics
Some companies may use information collected on our Site to deliver advertisements on our behalf or on behalf of other companies, targeted to your interests and preferences, on our Site or on other websites or applications you may visit, or on your devices, or on your social media feed and to gauge effectiveness. If you would like to opt-out of having interest-based information collected by certain entities during your visits to our website or other websites, please click here. You will be directed to an industry-developed website that contains mechanisms for choosing whether each listed entity may collect and use data for online behavioral advertising purposes. It may be that some of the third parties that collect interest-based information on our website do not participate in the industry-developed opt-out website, in which case the best way to avoid third-party tracking of your online behaviors may be through your browser settings and deletion of cookies.
Life Time’s Sites are not targeted to children under 13 years old, and it does not intend to collect Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If you are aware of a user under the age of thirteen (13) who has provided Personal Information to Life Time, please contact us at email@example.com. Parents and legal guardians may choose to provide information about their children, even if under the age of thirteen (13), for the purposes of using our products and services, including, without limitation, the Site.
Our Site does not support Do Not Track (“DNT”) at this time, and so, we currently do not honor DNT signals. For more details, including how to turn on DNT, visit www.donottrack.us (external link - opens in a new window) .
We use your personal data to:
- Operate Club Locker (which includes sharing your personal data with GSC’s cloud service provider and IT contractors);
- Administer cross border rankings;
- Arrange and administer cross border tournaments;
- Administer the use of Club Locker by member organizations, such as Your Organization and other organizations with whom you may associate your account (this includes allocating license fees and allowing leagues, clubs, facilities and governing bodies associated with your accounts to access your personal data, and to supply personal data about you (particularly in relation to your performance in competitive play); and
- Manage legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative activities as necessary (which would include disclosing personal data in connection with a legal process or litigation to law enforcement agencies or our professional advisers where we consider this is necessary).
GSC is a data controller when it uses your personal data for the above purposes. If you want to contact GSC, for example to exercise your data protection rights, you can do this by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can write to the GSC at the following address:
Global Squash Collaborative
555 Eighth Ave. Suite 1102
New York, NY 10018
For more information about GSC and its member federations see: http://www.globalsquashcollaborative.org.
You can view other privacy-related policies by clickinandg on the following links:
- California Policy (Privacy Notice for California Consumers)
Membership levels, types, amenities, services, programs and their associated dues, pricing, fees and/or charges may vary by location and are subject to change. Access to clubs, and certain services, programs, amenities, or areas within a club (e.g., outdoor pools, racquet courts) may be restricted, conditioned, or otherwise limited by specific terms and conditions and/or subject to a separate or supplemental fee for access or use (e.g., your access to the outdoor pool area may require a separate fee and be limited to your designated club). See club for additional terms and conditions that may apply. Always consult your physician before beginning any new exercise program.