PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY AS IT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS A BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT WITH A CLASS ACTION WAIVER
You, the buyer may choose to cancel this Agreement at any time prior to midnight of the seventh business day after the date on which you signed the Agreement. To cancel this Agreement, send by mail or hand deliver, a signed and dated notice that you, the buyer, are cancelling this Agreement along with all contract forms, membership cards, and any and all other documents and evidence of membership previously delivered to you, to the address on file:
- Life Time Alpharetta:
855 North Point Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30005
- Life Time Johns Creek:
11555 Johns Creek Parkway, Johns Creek, GA 30097
- Life Time Peachtree Corners:
6350 Courtside Drive, Norcross, GA 30092
- Life Time Sandy Springs:
5580 Roswell Road, Sandy Springs, GA 30342
- Life Time Sugarloaf:
1823 North Brown Road, Lawrenceville, GA 30043
- Life Time Woodstock:
14200 Highway 92, Woodstock, GA 30188
Cancellation and refund information are found in the “Refund and Cancellation Policy” section below.
[Additional State Law Provisions within Exhibit A to this Agreement.]
The Outdoor Pool Access
These Outdoor Pool Access Terms and Conditions, which shall include without limitation any confirmation email you receive in connection with the purchase (the “Agreement”) apply to your, and any Additional Member on your Membership, access to and use of the outdoor pool and aquatics area at your Primary Center or at additional Centers to the extent my Primary Center membership type provides access (“Outdoor Pool Access”) as of the above Effective Date, subject to operating inspections, regulatory approvals, weather and other seasonal conditions, or the next suitable date following the Effective Date, subject to the foregoing conditions, in Life Time’s sole discretion, through the end of the 2022 summer pool season (collectively, “Outdoor Pool Area”); provided, however, the adult only outdoor pool area at Life Time’s Westchester Center, the Life Time Sky outdoor pool area and the Life Time River North outdoor pool area are excluded from access and use afforded by Outdoor Pool Access at such Center. Outdoor Pool Access is a single per Member service/amenity that allows access to the Outdoor Pool Area at the Center(s) for which you have access to based on your Primary Center membership type (“Participating Center(s)”) and is non-transferable. Outdoor Pool Access is an additional service/amenity separate from general Center access. Outdoor Pool Access fees are a one-time, non-recurring, per Member fee separate from Base Dues, which may be charged along with or separate from Monthly Payments (the “Outdoor Pool Access Fee”). The Outdoor Pool Access Fee may vary based on, and, including but not limited to, Participating Center, state, season, calendar date, benefit, service, amenity, or class. Not all Centers are participating in the Outdoor Pool Access program. Life Time may, at its sole discretion, and without notice, terminate at any time any Member’s Outdoor Pool Access in accordance with your Member Usage Agreement and the Guest and Club Policies, as well as for any Member, at any point, failing to maintain a good standing Membership with Life Time. Life Time, in its sole discretion, may restrict or not provide Outdoor Pool Access due to unforeseen circumstances, including, but not limited to, in the event of a natural disaster or inclement weather, power outage or other failure of electrical or water service or other event outside of Life Time’s reasonable control.
Outdoor Pool Access Payment
I agree to pay today the Outdoor Pool Access Fee in the amount set forth in the online purchase page when purchasing Outdoor Pool Access. I authorize Life Time, without further notice, to withdraw the Outdoor Pool Access Fee from the financial account I have selected as a Payment Method within the online review and checkout page when purchasing Outdoor Pool Access. I am an account holder and I have actual authority to use the credit or debit card or bank account with which my Outdoor Pool Access Fee payment will be made. In order to cancel or withdraw authorization for the Outdoor Pool Access Fee payment, I agree to follow the Refund & Cancellation Policy below.
Refund & Cancellation Policy
I may cancel my, or any Additional Member’s, Outdoor Pool Access by providing Life Time with written notice of cancellation, identifying which Member’s Outdoor Pool Access is to be cancelled, via any Notice Method. If I provide such cancellation notice within the first seven (7) days, or a greater amount of days as allowed by law per the applicable state law provisions for my Primary Center, of receiving my Outdoor Pool Access (the “Initial Cancellation Period”) I will receive a full refund for the applicable cancelled Outdoor Pool Access. After the Initial Cancellation Period, Outdoor Pool Access is non-cancellable and non-refundable. “Notice Methods” include (A) in person at the Center for which you purchased Outdoor Pool Access, (B) by first class mail, to the Center for which you purchased Outdoor Pool Access, with such center address provided within your General Terms Agreement and/or at www.lifetime.life by selecting “Locations” and searching for such Center, (C) by email to Accountservices@lt.life, (D) by facsimile to 952-368-2819 or (E) by telephone, toll-free to 1-877-583-6818.
Additional Acknowledgments and Agreements
I acknowledge and agree, on my own behalf and on behalf of each Additional Member, to the following additional terms and conditions relating to the Outdoor Pool Access:
Electronic Communications. I expressly consent to receive electronic messages from Life Time, including messages to advertise or promote products or services and messages related to my, or any Additional Member’s, Outdoor Pool Access, including, without limitation, communications related to Life Time’s fees.
Assumption of Risk, Waiver of Liability, Indemnification and Arbitration Agreement with Class Action Waiver. I understand and agree that there are risks of injury associated with the Outdoor Pool Access and access to and use of the Outdoor Pool Area, some of which are inherent, and voluntarily agree to participate in spite of the risks. I further understand and agree that my General Terms Agreement, Member Usage Agreement & Guest Register continue to apply, including the assumption of risk, waiver of liability, indemnification and arbitration agreement with class action waiver provisions contained therein.
Life Time Policies. I agree to follow all Life Time Guest & Club Polices located at my.lifetime.life and any additional Outdoor Pool Access policies (collectively, “Policies”), if any. Life Time reserves the right to remove any person not authorized to be in the Outdoor Pool Area or in violation of Life Time’s Policies.
Image and Likeness Release. I understand that Life Time may take photographs, audio or video recordings, or testimonial accounts that may contain the name, image, voice, likeness or account of me or any Additional Member on my Memberships (collectively “Images”) during access to and use of the Outdoor Pool Area. I hereby irrevocably consent to and grant Life Time the exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free and otherwise unlimited right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publicly display and perform, publish, transmit, remove, retain, repurpose, and commercialize any and all such Images (and the right to sublicense such images through unlimited levels of sublicensees) in any and all media or form of communication whether now existing or hereafter developed, without obtaining additional consent, without restriction or notification, and without compensating me in any way, and to authorize others to do the same. Without limiting the foregoing, I hereby consent to Life Time’s use of the Images for commercial and promotional use, including on corporate or employee social media. Life Time may change, modify, rearrange, add, delete or otherwise alter such Images. I waive any right to inspect, approve, or edit such Images as used by Life Time.
Definitions. Capitalized terms used and not defined in this Agreement have the respective meanings assigned to them in my General Terms Agreement, Member Usage Agreement or Guest & Club Policies.
Arbitration Agreement with Class Action Waiver
- Mandatory Binding Individual Arbitration. Except as expressly provided below, Life Time and I (each a “party” or, together, “us,” “we” or “parties”) agree that any dispute, claim, case, or controversy (whether based in tort, contract, statute, regulation, ordinance, equity or any other legal theory) between us (whether arising out of or relating to past, present or future acts or omissions) (“Claims”) shall be exclusively resolved by binding arbitration on an individual basis, rather than in court (“Arbitration Agreement”).
- Waiver of Class Actions. We each agree that we will assert Claims in arbitration only in our individual capacity, and not as a representative or member of any purported class. We each agree that we will not participate in any class, mass, collective, consolidated, private attorney general or other representative arbitration proceeding. Each party agrees that the arbitrator has no authority to arbitrate Claims on a class-wide basis and shall not consolidate, combine, or jointly arbitrate Claims of more than one person in a single arbitration.
- Waiver of Jury Trial. We waive our constitutional and statutory rights to go to court and have a trial in front of a judge or a jury, electing instead to resolve by binding arbitration all Claims.
- Claims Not Subject to Arbitration. There are only three exceptions (1, 2 & 3) to this Arbitration Agreement:
- Small Claims. Either party may bring individual Claims in small claims court.
- Personal Injury Claims. Both parties must litigate personal injury Claims in court. For purposes of this exception, personal injury Claims are Claims arising from injury to the physical structure of the human body.
- Emergency Equitable Relief. Either party may seek temporary injunctive relief or other equitable relief in court pending arbitration. A request for interim measures will not be deemed a waiver of any other rights or obligations under this Arbitration Agreement.
- Arbitration Procedures. Either party may initiate an arbitration proceeding, which will be conducted by a single neutral arbitrator.
- Arbitration Providers. Each party has a choice of initiating arbitration before either the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) or JAMS, which are both established alternative dispute resolution providers (“ADR Providers”). If neither AAA nor JAMS is available to arbitrate, we will agree to select an alternative ADR Provider to administer the arbitration in this Arbitration Agreement.
- Arbitration Rules. The arbitration will be conducted under the AAA Consumer Arbitration Rules (available at www.adr.org) or JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures (available at www.jamsadr.com) (“Arbitration Rules”). The rules of the ADR Provider will govern all aspects of the arbitration, except to the extent such rules are in conflict with this Arbitration Agreement.
- Arbitration Location. The arbitration hearing will be held at the ADR Provider’s location that is closest to the claimant’s primary residence, unless the claimant primarily resides outside the United States (in which case the arbitrator will give the parties reasonable notice of the date, time and place of any oral hearings.)
- Fees. Payment of all filing, administrative, and arbitrator fees will be governed by the Arbitration Rules.
- Arbitrator’s Authority and Award. The arbitrator will decide the rights and liabilities, if any, of the parties, and the dispute will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other cases or parties. The arbitrator will have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any Claim. The arbitrator will have the authority to award monetary damages, and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the ADR Provider’s Rules, and this Arbitration Agreement. The arbitrator will issue a written award and reasoned statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. Any award will be subject to judicial confirmation or entry in any court having jurisdiction.
- Governing Law. This Arbitration Agreement is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act and federal arbitration law.
- Confidentiality. All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, including but not limited to the award of the arbitrator and compliance therewith, will be strictly confidential. The parties agree to maintain confidentiality unless otherwise required by law. This paragraph will not prevent a party from submitting to a court of law any information necessary to enforce this Arbitration Agreement or to enforce an arbitration award.
- Survivability. Life Time and I agree that this Arbitration Agreement with Class Waiver shall apply to all Claims regardless of whether such Claim arises out of acts or omissions that occur before or after the termination of any membership or service or that occur before or after the termination of this Agreement.
Other Provisions; State Law Provisions
I am not relying on any oral or written promises, representations, statements, covenants or warranties, other than those set forth herein, to induce me to sign this Agreement. This Agreement may be amended, terminated or assigned at any time by Life Time upon such notice, if any, as may be required by law. If Life Time fails to enforce any right in this Agreement for any reason, Life Time does not waive its right to enforce it later.
This Agreement includes any “State Law Provisions” applicable to each Participating Center as detailed within Exhibit A to this Agreement, as well as at the beginning of this Agreement. If the terms and conditions above differ from the State Law Provisions, the provision more favorable to me or any Additional Member will apply.
I have read this Agreement thoroughly, understand all of its terms including, without limitation, the Outdoor Pool Access Payment and Refund & Cancellation Policy, and knowingly and voluntarily agreed to the same as evidenced by completing my Outdoor Pool Access purchase.
State Law Provisions
The following State Law Provisions apply to my Outdoor Pool Access Terms. To the extent there is a conflict between the provisions under this Section and elsewhere in the Agreement, the provisions under this Section shall prevail, provided, however, to the extent there is a conflict between the provisions under this Section and the Section entitled "ARBITRATION AGREEMENT WITH CLASS ACTION WAIVER", the provisions under the latter Section shall prevail.
Georgia State Law Provisions
If the terms and conditions above differ from the following state law provisions, the provision more favorable to me will apply:
You (the buyer) have seven business days to cancel this contract. To cancel, mail or hand deliver a letter to the following address:
- Life Time Alpharetta: 855 North Point Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30005
- Life Time Johns Creek: 11555 Johns Creek Parkway, Johns Creek, GA 30097
- Life Time Peachtree Corners: 6350 Courtside Drive, Norcross, GA 30092
- Life Time Sandy Springs: 5580 Roswell Road, Sandy Springs, GA 30342
- Life Time Sugarloaf: 1823 North Brown Road, Lawrenceville, GA 30043
- Life Time Woodstock, 14200 Highway 92, Woodstock, GA 30188
Do not sign this contract if there are any blank spaces above. In the event optional services are offered, be sure that any options you have not selected are lined through or that it is otherwise indicated that you have not selected these options. It is recommended that you send your cancellation notice by registered or certified mail or statutory overnight delivery, return receipt requested, in order to prove that you did cancel. If you do hand deliver your cancellation, be sure to get a signed statement from an official of the spa acknowledging your cancellation.
To be effective, your cancellation must be postmarked by midnight, or hand delivered by midnight on (date) the date thirteen (13) calendar days from the date the Outdoor Pool Access was purchased*, and must include all contract forms, membership cards, and any and all other documents and evidence of membership previously delivered to you.
If I fail to provide Life Time with the cancellation notice forms, membership cards and any and all other documents and evidence of my membership, Life Time shall either cancel the contract or provide written notice by certified mail or statutory overnight delivery to me that such documents must be provided within 30 days in order for the cancellation to be effective. In the event I provide the documents within 30 days, the contract shall be cancelled as of the date on which the cancellation notice was delivered; provided, however, that if I continued to use the Life Time club during the 30 day period, the cancellation shall be effective on the first business day following the last day on which I used the club.
* Due to software limitations, we are providing you with a number of calendar days that provides you with at least the seven business days to cancel.
You (the buyer) may cancel this agreement within 30 days from the time you knew or should have known of any substantial change in the services or programs available at the time you joined. Substantial changes include, but are not limited to, changing from being coed to being exclusively for one sex and vice versa. To cancel, send written notice of your cancellation to the address provided in this contract for sending a notice of cancellation. The best way to cancel is by keeping a photocopy and sending the cancellation by registered or certified mail or statutory overnight delivery, return receipt requested.
Termination Upon My Disability: I may cancel this contract if I become totally and permanently disabled during my membership. Upon my termination, Life Time is entitled to a reasonable predetermined fee in an amount equal to the value of services made available for use. This amount shall be computed by dividing the total cost of the membership by the total number of months under the membership and multiplying the result by the number of months expired under the membership term. Life Time shall have the right to require and verify reasonable evidence of total and permanent disability. For the purpose of this section, “total and permanent disability” means a condition which has existed or will exist for more than 45 days and which will prevent the member from using the facility to the same extent as the member used it before commencement of the condition.
Heart Disease: If Ihave a history of heart disease, I have consulted a physician before joining Life Time.
Termination Upon My Death: If I die during my membership term or any renewal term, my estate may cancel the contract and Life Time will be entitled to a reasonable predetermined fee in an amount computed by dividing the total cost of the membership by the total number of months under the membership and multiplying the result by the number of months expired under the membership term. The contract may require my estate seeking relief under this subsection to provide reasonable proof of death.
Termination or Suspension Due to Military Orders: I may terminate or suspend this contract by providing written or electronic notice (Accountservices@lt.life) to the Life Time address specified in this contract if I am an active duty member of the regular or reserve component of the Armed Forces of the United States, the Georgia National Guard, or the Georgia Air National Guard ordered to relocate for a period of service of at least 90 days to a location that does not support the contract. In terminating the contract I shall provide Life Time with a written or electronic notice (Accountservices@lt.life) of termination to be effective on the date stated on the notice. Such notice will be accompanied by either a copy of my official military orders or written verification signed by my commanding officer indicating the relocation.
Life Time Alpharetta: (Accountservices@lt.life)
Life Time Johns Creek: (Accountservices@lt.life)
Life Time Peachtree Corners: (Accountservices@lt.life)
Life Time Sandy Springs: (Accountservices@lt.life)
Life Time Sugarloaf: (Accountservices@lt.life)
Life Time Woodstock, (Accountservices@lt.life)
Under this contract, no further payments shall be due to anyone, including any purchaser of any note associated with or contained in this contract, in the event the health spa at which the contract is entered into ceases operation and fails to offer an alternative location, substantially similar, within ten miles.
State law requires that we inform you that should you choose to pay for any part of this agreement in advance, be aware that you are paying for future services and may be risking loss of your money in the event this health spa ceases to conduct business. Health spas do not post a bond, and there may be no other protections provided to you should you choose to pay in advance.
Signed by Member:
Membership levels, types, amenities, services, programs and their associated dues, pricing, fees and/or charges may vary by location and are subject to change. Access to clubs, and certain services, programs, amenities, or areas within a club (e.g., outdoor pools, racquet courts) may be restricted, conditioned, or otherwise limited by specific terms and conditions and/or subject to a separate or supplemental fee for access or use (e.g., your access to the outdoor pool area may require a separate fee and be limited to your designated club). See club for additional terms and conditions that may apply. Always consult your physician before beginning any new exercise program.